Netdata is looking for senior software engineers with extensive experience in C to join our distributed (remote) engineering team.
As a senior software engineer your primary focus will be to extend and support the open-source netdata C daemon, which is the heart of our monitoring solution. In addition to C, you may be expected to program in several other languages that comprise our platform and stack.
You will be designing, developing and testing critical parts of a system that runs on numerous platforms, with minimal dependencies, a small footprint and unparalleled performance. You will also be supporting our user community and assisting contributors and team members with your deep knowledge in systems engineering.
- Develop and optimize code for maximum performance, testability and maintainability.
- Collaborate with other engineers and assist them when necessary.
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers.
- Write functional requirement documents and guides.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Automate tasks wherever possible.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
Why join Netdata
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organisations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
- Minimum 7 years of C development experience in demanding environments.
- Minimum 5 years of Linux systems development and/or administration.
- Self motivated, conscientious with a problem solving attitude.
- Perfectionist where it matters, but also pragmatic, with effective time management skills.
- Team player, eager to help others when necessary.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- 10+ years of C development experience.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby etc.)
- Experience with writing testable code (in any language) and TDD.
- Open source contributions.
- Agile Development Methodology.
- Experience with monitoring solutions and service assurance in general.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows systems development and/or administration.
- Familiarity with CI/CD-centered development.