We're looking for a talented software developer to work on the server-side of our music delivery service: music ingestion and delivery, analytics collection and reporting, and web services used by our clients and curation team. Your goal will be to help us power sound everywhere.
You will need to form a full understanding of our data model, how we map our music providers’ schemas to it, and how we expose it to our clients. You will be working with our primary data stores: MySQL, ElasticSearch, and Google BigTable. You will work on all our backend services, written primarily in Node.js, along with PHP and Bash scripts.
You will work hand-in-hand with our current engineering team, music curators, customer support, and product team to define and develop whatever is needed to advance our business. You will work with and develop our tools and services that:
- Ingest files and metadata from our music providers
- Analyze and extract metadata from our music collection
- Deliver music to applications using our client SDKs
- Track music playback and generate reports for our music providers and licensors
- Generate analytics and reporting from playback and client data
- Power our customer and client portals
You are, at heart, a problem solver, and eager to collaborate with others to deploy working solutions to advance our business. You are eager to understand how the tasks you are working on fit into the bigger picture and you proactively engage with others to clarify and refine what you are working on.
We manage our infrastructure with Chef and Terraform and use Jenkins and Git for deployment. We strive for reliability and simplicity and look to outside SaaS providers when the price is right. You will take part in managing and supporting our staging and production environments.
At Feed.fm, we believe the best candidates are excellent communicators, learn quickly, are compassionate, collaborate well with others, and have a strong desire to see their work in action. We are flexible with working hours and maintain a healthy balance between work and personal lives.
- Outstanding communication skills and an eagerness to collaborate with others
- Experience building and maintaining production of web services
- Strong Node.js development experience
- Strong SQL experience, particularly MySQL
- Familiarity with server-side languages such as Go, Java, PHP.
- Strong operational experience with Linux and cloud computing providers (AWS, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, or others)
- Experience with cloud provisionings and infrastructure management tools such as Terraform and Chef.
- Experience with test-driven development
- Strong desire to ship, receive feedback and improve
- Ready to take responsibility for production systems
- Experience with storing and processing event streams
- Experience with generating reporting and analytics
Terraform, GraphQL, Kinesis, ElasticSearch experience
- Past experience with the server or client-side audio processing
- Past experience implementing or working with music-related applications
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Working with a talented team and having a huge impact!
- We're providing music for companies you know and love: FitBit, Nautilus, Tonal, Mirror, American Eagle Outfitters, Bose, Life Fitness, and others
- We're building a real company that generates value and pays an artist
- You will have a hand in all aspects of a growing platform
Experienced, down-to-earth coworkers and investors