As a Senior Mobile iOS Engineer on the Banno Platform at Jack Henry & Associates, you'll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people's lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We're doing this by reimagining the digital presence of financial institutions and building products that empower and delight their users.
The Senior iOS Mobile Software Engineer works on our mobile banking apps in close cooperation with our product design and API teams. iOS engineers are constantly keeping our applications up to date with the newest development practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data.
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, and openness. Our team is highly distributed, meaning you will work with kind, talented engineers from across the United States. You’ll get the chance to contribute to products that are used by hundreds of thousands of people. Occasional travel may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
This position can be worked 100% REMOTE from any US location.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in software engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of programming experience with Objective C and/or Swift.
- Must have successfully launched at least one application on iTunes.
- Must have experience with third-party libraries/APIs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Strong object-oriented design skills.
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics, and Core Text.
- Experience designing custom Views and styles in accordance to design rules.
- Working on a development team larger than 10 engineers.
- Experience writing automated test cases for iOS providing adequate code coverage.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Passion for true leadership and building an engineering culture.
- Proven track record of technical leadership and the ability to mentor less experienced engineers.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience estimating, planning, staffing and tracking progress of projects
- Contributes to the functional design and architecture of customer-facing, high trafficked mobile applications.
- Designs and creates interactive graphic user interfaces for multiple platforms.
- Works with web engineering teams to create and maintain data sources and API's to support the apps.
- Standardizes platform to be able to deliver across multiple brands with minimal effort.
- Standardizes and enforces coding standards and best practices, including optimizing the apps for performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies.