What if you could change Healthcare? Are you interested in building the platform that physicians, nurses, and other providers will use to improve patient care? Juxly is building that platform, and we're looking for talented people to help us to build it.
As a Senior Software Developer at Juxly, you'll be a major contributor to building our platform. You'll use your expertise to solve challenging Healthcare problems, build tests, and create documentation to ensure compliance with specifications. Be ready to lead team projects, perform code reviews, and participate in specification review.
About this Role
So, what does a Senior Software Developer do at Juxly?
- Reviews current application requirements and contribute to programming objectives adhering to development standards.
- Tests and debugs code generated ensuring requirements and performance objectives are met.
- Leads in the development of projects, which may include one or more developers and external resources.
- Assists in resolving application functionality and performance issues.
- Investigates and recommends solutions to meet desired program functionality.
- Participates in application design and requirement review meetings.
- Reviews code generated by other developers ensuring requirements and development standards are met.
- Mentors junior developers and other team members.
- Provides support for code releases.
- Relies on significant knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals.
- When needed, creates and/or collaborates on technical solution concept documents
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
This might be for you if...
- You know how to craft a great client-side application in Angular, Vue, or similar frameworks
- You can create production-level services and applications using Node.js.
- You love difficult problems and have sharp intuition for how to build software.
- You care about the business and can balance craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held. You're a great listener and love to collaborate.
- You have experience as a Software Developer in a team setting that included other departmental players.
- You know when tools like Redis should be used.
- You've spent a fair amount of time using ElasticSearch, building indexes, refining queries, and have some strong opinions about how it should be used.
- You probably have Docker (or similar) installed on your computer, and regularly use containers.
- Have strong opinions on TDD/BDD.
- You understand why you'd use Service-oriented architecture vs another design.
- You can explain Object-oriented, Functional, and other programming paradigms.
Some things that may help you outshine other candidates!
- Love and skill in the world of UI/UX development.
- Experience in the healthcare industry with technologies like FHIR, HL7.
- You're familiar with container orchestration tools (rancher, docker swarm, K8s)
What to Expect
- We can’t wait to read your resume and get to know you! Let us know what excites you about being a Senior Software
- Developer at Juxly and help us get to know you better!
- If we think we might be a good fit for you, we’ll set up a phone chat! We’ll tell you more about the role and get a chance to hear about your experiences.
- Then we’ll invite you to a team interview! We will let you meet the whole team so you can get to know everyone. We'll also have some questions to assess your technical expertise.
- We’ll let you know how things went! If it still seems like a good fit, we’ll send you a brief technical project to complete.
- If we think you're the candidate we're looking for, we'll send you an offer! If not, we will update you to let you know so you aren’t left hanging.
What benefits can I expect?
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- New Laptop/equipment of your choice.
- An Open PTO Policy.
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
- We're based in Springfield Missouri and proud of our community. But we understand that the right team member might live elsewhere. We have lots of team members working remotely and have no problems with the right candidate working remotely.