It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Just a year and a half post launch, we have hundreds of companies using our platform, just secured $25M in Series B funding, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, Hubspot, Slack, and Okta. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
With this big idea comes some fun and unique technical challenges: We’re like a social network for data warehouses, so the data gets big and our results need to show up fast; we need to reliably find “matches” between data sets originating from different systems; we need our users to love the experience and capture real value every step of the way; security and trust are paramount. And there’s more where that came from.
You’ll join a small-but-mighty team of experienced engineers to take our software from early success to enterprise scale. This is an opportunity to truly influence and contribute meaningfully to our product and engineering practices.
- Developing new features and improvements to Crossbeam’s products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborating with Product Management, Engineering, Design, and Customer Success teams to iterate on features and enhancements.
- Participating in the Code Review process, where you’ll learn our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices.
- Consistently shipping features and enhancements with guidance from other team members.
- Helping identify areas of improvement in the code base and contributing to make it better.
- Learning with, collaborating, and teaching your team members.
- Everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of experience.
- Fixing prioritize support issues which are reported by users and/or our Customer Success team
These are some of your traits
- You have at least five years professional experience on an engineering team.
- You have deep knowledge of a modern frontend framework, like Vue or React, and of REST APIs.
- You have experience writing backend code that is simple and performant
- You have an understanding of interacting with databases, preferably relational (ideally Postgres or MySQL, but Mongo and other NoSQL databases work too).
- You have have experience with a cloud technology (AWS ideally, but Azure, etc, acceptable)
- You believe in creating space for people with different backgrounds and viewpoints to share their opinions in a respectful environment.
- You embrace complex technical challenges and thrive on discovering simple solutions.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have a point of view, but can “disagree and commit” once a final decision is reached.
- You have an unrivaled work ethic, and are excited to learn from the team around you.
- You have experience working remotely as part of a larger team.
How We Work
- We are a small team of experienced engineers shipping lots of code. We collaborate early and often, putting an emphasis on designing technical solutions before coding them. Our team has always emphasized remote work, with teammates in the Philadelphia area and distributed across the country. We’re committed to a remote-first culture, with the majority of our collaborative work happening on Slack and Zoom.
- When we’re able and when travel feels comfortable, we’ll celebrate with team offsites and events about once a quarter, and welcome our remote team to join for some facetime whenever they can. In the meantime, we’re focused on creating the best experience possible for new team members from a distance.
- Crossbeam is a collaborative data platform that helps companies build more valuable partnerships. We have an office in Philadelphia as well as a number of remote teammates across the US.
- Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
- Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
- Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
- This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
- This is a salaried role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan
- Fully remote candidates are encouraged to apply. We have an office in Center City Philadelphia which we’ve closed temporarily due to COVID-19, with everyone working remotely. When we’re comfortable reopening the office, local candidates are also welcome to work from our Center City Philadelphia headquarters some or all of the time.
- Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where difference is valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.