Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: Because authentication isn’t built into this platform, nobody can be certain who is sending most of these messages. This gap means that companies are vulnerable to a whole host of attacks on their employees, partners, and customers. Whether it’s wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or “fake news” in an attempt to destroy a brand, companies have been powerless to protect themselves against these impersonation attacks.
Valimail solves this problem. We’ve built a revolutionary platform on top of open standards — DMARC, DKIM, and SPF — that for the first time makes it possible for any organization to protect itself against email impersonation. Valimail pioneered the notion of automated email authentication, with innovative components like our DNS-based Authenticator (including our patented Instant SPF). Our system enables organizations to authenticate their email quickly, easily, and reliably.
We’re committed to building a more trusted email ecosystem by being a leader in Email Authentication as a Service. As part of that commitment, we are active participants in the open source and standards communities. We’re co-authors of open standards like ARC and BIMI, and contribute to a variety of open source projects that serve the wider community.
As Valimail’s newest Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be a major contributor to the company’s success. You’ll share in the design, development, and deployment of major pieces of the Valimail system. Your technical contributions will help protect dozens of brands, authenticate hundreds of millions of emails every day, and protect people all over the world from fraud.
If you like the idea of working on planetary-scale messaging systems with some of the latest tools and making a difference in the lives of half the world’s population, we’d love to talk to you.
What You'll be Doing
- Developing new features and functionality in Ruby on Rails throughout the application suite and owning those features from inception to production.
- Enhancing our zero-trust approach to email sender identity.
- Working with proven industry standards including: DMARC, SPF, DKIM, DNS and BIMI.
- Working with the team to continue planing, scaling, and developing the Valimail zero-trust environment.
- Define and communicate written plans for projects, laying out goals and challenges as well as the steps to execute.
- Extensive experience working with gems in the Ruby/Rails ecosystem (e.g. Devise, Pundit, etc.). Open source contributions are a plus.
- A dedication to automated testing, push-button deployment, and configuration management through IT automation.
- Experience building large-scale production web applications with API interfaces.
- Proven technical leadership making strong architectural decisions to address business and product needs.
- A willingness to jump in and experiment with new technologies, and to get out of your comfort zone.
- An understanding of the various components at the network layers.
- Ability and desire to operate as a technical leader and mentor.
- Specific experience with real-world DNS and/or email authentication standards is a plus.
- Passion for the mission of enhancing our zero-trust approach to email sender identity.
- Experience building, provisioning, and deploying services in the cloud in an automated fashion.
- Valimail has offices in both San Francisco, CA & Denver, CO. While we would prefer to hire in either of these locations, we are open to remote engineers based in the United States.
- Valimail is the trusted leader in fully automated email authentication, with the only comprehensive platform for anti-impersonation, brand protection, and compliance used by corporations and federal agencies such as Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail Enforce is the only FedRAMP-authorized email authentication service and, because it uses no personally identifiable information (PII), it is also GDPR compliant. Valimail authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, in finance, government, transportation, health care, manufacturing, media, technology, and more. Valimail is based in San Francisco, CA and Denver, CO.
For more information visit http://www.Valimail.com.