This is a remote position. Previous experience working remote (at least 2 consecutive years) is required.
- Be the lead on the front end experience developing best practices and standards using React, HTML5, CSS and other tools.
- Help define new product requirements & specifications
- Focus on mobile first design approach that can scale to desktop experience.
- Cleanly and efficiently incorporate new functionality/features alongside of closely related existing functionality
- Writing frontend code to build new UI/UX, including Handlebars templating and CSS
- Create, modify, extend Node.js backend APIs to power new functionality and features
Maintenance, Scalability, and Reliability
- Collaborate with other remote developers, participate in peer-reviews, review pull requests from other developers on the team
- Diagnose and resolve bugs within the existing codebase
- Refactoring complex or problematic code as needed to improve long-term maintainability, scalability and extensibility of the codebase
- Build upon our test suite with new unit and integration tests
- Analyze high-traffic / high-volume areas of the system to identify opportunities to improve scalability and optimize performance (analyzing & optimizing high-volume database queries, refactoring logic of critical systems to optimize CPU time and query load on datastores)
- Experience with these specific technologies is a plus, but not strictly required.
- Datastores: MongoDB (Mongoose.js ODM), Redis
- Infrastructure: Cloudflare, Google Cloud
DevOps / Misc: Git/Github, Trello, Jest, etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 2 consecutive years of remote work experience (mandatory)
- 6+ years experience building, deploying, and maintaining large-scale complex software systems or applications
- Experience writing, maintaining, and integrating REST APIs written in Node.js
- Willingness to spend time learning and working with complex systems and legacy code
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable, analytical thinker who can work autonomously
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies
- Salary range: $90K-$144K/ year
- This position is only open to applicants who reside in and are eligible to work in the US.