Weathermatic is looking for top-performing developers who want challenging work that actually makes a difference in the world. Our core application is built on Ruby on Rails, but we are actively developing in Elixir/Phoenix as well, and use a lot of Golang for microservices.
We are a small team so this job is a great fit for someone who wants to be able to work in a lot of different functional areas and use a lot of exciting technologies.
- Maintain and extend our existing Rails 5.x web application.
- Building new functionality in Ruby on Rails as well as new feature development being migrated to a Phoenix LiveView application.
- Write scalable, well-tested code (Rspec / Exit)
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails 5.1
- Phoenix LiveView
- GraphQL / React Native (mobile apps)
- Golang deployed via AWS Lambda
- Deployment via AWS Elastic Container Service (Docker) managed with Terraform
- Various other AWS services for infrastructure
What we are looking for...
- A healthy appetite for learning new things – if you don’t know everything in our stack, no problem, as long as you can learn!
- Demonstrated ability to adapt new solutions to existing systems
- Ability to create applications that scale
- Self-directed and able to manage your time: Get Things Done!
- Must be a great communicator
- Someone always keeping an eye on new technologies and excited about taking advantage of them
We are looking for an experienced senior-level developer for this position. Full-time salary. Our office is in Garland, TX, but we primarily work remotely. The ideal candidate would be in the DFW area to be able to come into the office when needed for meetings (at least once this virus is out of the way!), but the day-today is done from home.