We’re looking for a razor-sharp UI/UX front-end developer who is obsessed with split testing to join our 100% remote world-class digital optimization team. We’re heavy DTC advertisers and our success is linked to how well our web and mobile acquisition funnels convert. So, we’ve created a standalone digital optimization SWAT team that can focus exclusively on iterating rapidly with high volume conversion rate optimization (CRO) testing. If you’re obsessed with creating the perfect user experience, love to contribute your ideas and get a thrill when your test wins, please read on.
Who Are We?
- Metabolic Living is a self-funded, profitable, rapidly growing multi-channel DTC health and wellness company with 100+ on our team and on pace to hit $50MM in 2020. For the last 9 years we’ve been quietly developing our metabolic optimization products and fine-tuning our business model. Everything is now clicking, so we’re stepping on the gas as we march towards our goal of becoming a billion-dollar multi-channel brand by 2024. We’ve always been 100% remote and will stay that way as we scale.
- We’re fortunate to be thriving during these challenging COVD times as we provide exactly what everyone wants. The overall trend towards health and wellness was already a wind in our sails, but COVID lit a match and set our growth on fire, dramatically accelerating things. This is your opportunity to help us make a meaningful impact, precisely at the time when the world needs it the most.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation: $110,000 - $135,000 (plus bonus)
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 100+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Robust 401k + 15 Days PTO
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN (regardless of where you live)
- Culture: Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality: Obsessed with Distilling the Complex into the Simple
What’s the Big Opportunity?
- Hello, my name is Kaitlin Reiss, Head of Ecommerce at Metabolic Living, and I need your help. We’ve hired the leader of our digital optimization team who has 3,200 split tests under his belt (yes, really!). And now we’re recruiting the remaining pieces of this world-class team as we get ready to launch two major strategic initiatives to introduce our new brand: our state-of-the-art e-commerce website and customized metabolic optimization app that leverages machine learning and AI. We couldn’t be more excited to build this dedicated digital optimization team because it means we can move lightning fast.
- If you’re as obsessed with testing as I am, this is a dream-scenario. I joined the company because I wanted to be part of building their new brand, to build something special, to build it the right way. But building things the right way is a constant process of optimization. And to do that we need the help of a world-class UI/UX front-end developer who can help us rapidly iterate.
- That’s why this is a fantastic opportunity for someone with an inquisitive, consumer-oriented mindset who’s oozing with ideas and obsessed with creating amazing user experiences that convert like crazy. You get annoyed when pixels aren’t perfect and when UXs and UIs don’t make sense… and scratch your head when you buy something on another website or app and wonder why their checkout process is so inefficient! You love to get creative and your first instinct at a challenge is never “it can’t be done” but rather “I’ll figure it out” … and then you deliver and make it happen.
- Sure, we need someone who can carve up mockups… but were looking for so much more. We want your ideas! We want to tap into your creative problem-solving brain to improve overall usability and to smartly leverage technology to make everything faster, more scalable, smoother, and easier. You’ll work with the CRO director, UX/UI designer, copywriter and other SWAT team members to develop hypotheses, propose treatments, collaboratively build tests, analyze results for key learnings and repeat.
- Your days will be exciting and filled with variety. One day you might be optimizing a quiz in our performance funnels… another day you may be optimizing a checkout or upsell page our e-comm website… another day you might be optimizing the onboarding experience in our customized metabolic optimization app.
What’s Our Culture Like?
We’re serious about high-performance, so our culture is built around deep work to allow uninterrupted time for the intense concentration needed to deliver world-class performance. At the same time, real collaboration and transparency is critical to keep us all in alignment and keep office politics out of the equation. These aren’t just talking points – we’ve implemented specific policies, for example:
- A standardized 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET schedule to protect your personal and family time
- No meetings before 1 p.m. ET to empower you with 4 hours truly of deep work to GSD
- Daily huddles and weekly 1-on-1s to support your ability to focus on what matters most
Should You Apply?
If after reading this it’s screaming “this is for me” and…
- You LOVE split testing and are completely addicted to testing and learning…
- You LOVE tinkering with user interfaces until they’re just right…
- You LOVE writing clean, efficient code that turns Zeplin mockups into pixel-perfect executions…
- You LOVE figuring out how to create fast-loading websites and apps with the best tech…
- You LOVE being part of a cross-functional high-performing team that moves fast…
Then please read on as you’re the ideal candidate… and we’d love to talk to you ASAP.
What Does Metabolic Living Do?
- The most common question we get is – what the heck do you do? Because from the outside in, unless you’re a customer, it can be confusing, There’s a reason: We built everything organically in reverse, starting with our first nutrition program in 2012, then our first exercise program in 2014 and then launching our full ecosystem of products, including nutraceuticals, functional foods, subscriptions, memberships, 1-on-1 coaching and more. These are all marketed separately under different DTC websites and brands in a direct response (DR) manner.
- And now we’re centralizing everything under our new brand, Metabolic Living, with our flagship website and app launching later this year, transitioning us from purely DR to a multi-channel traditional brand. The website at metabolicliving.com is a temporary one for COVID to raise $45k for frontline health workers. This website will be replaced with the fully branded e-commerce-driven one soon.
- Normally, companies launch with a brand and then figure out how to make money. We did that in reverse – pinpointing pain points, curating world-class products, validating product-market match, generating cash flow to self-fund our growth, creating our north star (see more below), building out our operational team along the way and then retrofitting the brand on top. Strange path, but here we are. Read our full story here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/metabolic-living/about/.
- We provide the full ecosystem of products and services that help you quickly optimize your metabolism so you can feel, look and perform your best, every day… yet without the yo-yo struggle of traditional approaches. Rather than a one-sized-fits-all approach like Paleo, Vegan, Keto, etc. we empower you with a flexible framework called our Metabolic OSTM that’s 100% customized to you. It allows you to get results fast and to sustain those results as your body, mind and daily life changes as you age. Without this flexible framework, those rigid approaches ultimately backfire, leaving you worse off.
What You'll Enjoy from Us:
- A Curated Team – A very supportive team of other high-performers who like to get things done, hold themselves accountable and help each other out wherever possible
- A Nurturing Culture – A culture that supports and nurtures your need to learn, grow and challenge yourself to be the best you possibly can be
- A Fantastic Lifestyle – A 100% remote experience that allows you to work from home, enjoy your family, outside interests and passions
- A Robust Benefits Package – Full Insurance (health/dental/vison/life/disability) + Robust 401k + 15 days PTO and additional perks as we add them
Skills & requirements
What Key Skills and Experience are Needed?
- 3+ Years App + e-Commerce – You’ve been exposed to heavy development work building and optimizing mobile apps and responsive e-commerce websites
- 2+ Years Optimization Experience – You’re well versed in how to sprint inside an environment of constant A/B split testing, building hypotheses, conducting tests and evaluating results
- Pixel-perfect Mindset – You’ve got a very detail-oriented eye and know how to translate Zeplin mockups into pixel perfection and are bothered by anything that seems “off”
- Obsessively Clean Coder – You take pride in writing clean, readable code that’s reusable and follows best practices and you feel compelled to correct any code that’s not up to par
- Growth-Oriented – You love to constantly hone your skills via on-the-job learning opportunities, online learning courses and other challenges that keep your skills ahead of the curve
- Driven to Excellence – You’ve got an ownership mentality with an innate inner drive to excellence that other people who aren’t built that way find disturbingly intense :-)
- Relentlessly Persists – You stay focused until the task is done by embracing a get-it-done attitude and relentlessly attacking problems at different angles until they’re solved
- Humble – You package all of the above skills inside a humble mindset in which you listen more than talk, absorb more than dictate and are in constant “beta” mode, learning all you can