Hello, we are ShipHero (https://shiphero.com). We have built a software platform entrusted by hundreds of eCommerce companies large and small to run their operations. Many of our customers sell on Shopify and/or Amazon. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses by providing a platform that solves complex problems and is engineered to be reliable and fast. We strive to build great technology that is beautiful and easy to use. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing empathetic, talented, and great people together - you can do great things.
Our team is remote with most of our engineers currently spread over the Americas. We communicate regularly using video chat and Slack and put a strong emphasis on asynchronous work so people have large chunks of uninterrupted time to focus and do deep work.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. We are looking for someone with a recent track record of building and maintaining complex infrastructure within AWS (Amazon Web Services). You would be a fundamental member of the team focusing on building a solid foundation for the platform. We seek people who are excited and driven to continue growing with the experience of working with talented engineers and helping others improve.
We are hiring in the Eastern European (GMT +1/+2) timezones only for now.
- You understand that great things are accomplished when people and teams work together.
- You feel comfortable owning processes and tools for deploying to production and scaling.
- You understand modern web architectures and tiers.
- You have a solid understanding of security best practices.
- You take pride in your craft.
- You have made (a lot of) mistakes and most importantly have learned from them.
- You are comfortable and even enjoy mentoring others in different skillsets.
- You have worked on medium and large projects that have gone to production and lived there for a while.
- We are looking for 3+ years experience with:
- * AWS (Amazon Web Services) - Beanstalk, ECS, DynamoDB, SQS (Simple Queue Service)
- * Python (preferably 3.6+)
- * Terraform including authoring modules
- * Linux (AWS Linux 1/2 and Ubuntu 18.04)
- * Git version control (we use Github)
- * CI/CD automation
Bonus Tech Knowledge (Nice to have but not required)
- * Docker and building images including multi-stage with secrets
- * AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline
- * Elasticsearch
- Hands-on configuration, setup & maintaining our staging and production environments.
- Collaborate with engineers on monitoring & debugging solutions.
- Be part of on-call support.
- Automate yourself and others out of common tasks.
- Ability to estimate effort and ship on agreed schedule. Comfortable pushing yourself and your team members when challenges pop up.
- Learn and push those around you to do the same - this is a craft that you’re constantly improving upon.
Implement solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
- Have the confidence to work with experienced and talented people to build great things; you are not a “rockstar” but a team player that takes initiative.
- $2.500 so you can buy any equipment you need to be happy at your job
- 20 days paid vacation + new year & christmas
- Conference days don't count against your vacation days, we want you to stay up-to-date
- We will pay for courses & conferences; if you learn we all learn