Scalable Path is looking for a Java Backend Developer to join the team and work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
For the past 7 years, the client has been working closely with several large clients in the advertising industry. Throughout that time, they have accumulated knowledge from several successful projects in the programmatic advertising field and are actively servicing some of the largest digital media companies in the USA. Collectively, their backend software, platform, and client-facing products are built to enable digital media (supply) with the best in class monetization tools (demand) in a seamless and optimized way.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing and maintaining Java microservices
- Cloud infrastructure maintenance (AWS), with a focus on scalability
- Development of Real-time Bidding (RTB) exchange as a separate product
- Working on algorithms and code optimizations which will directly impact platform revenue
- Implementing new standards in the advertising industry
Technologies and components:
- Back-office and client-facing dashboards
- Management of industry-specific components - publishers, sites, ad units, demand
partners and other entities
- Logging, tracking and reporting - combining data from multiple sources
- Tools for optimization, reporting, alerting etc
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be working directly with the cofounders. Every project has a project manager who you will report to, and experienced engineers to cooperate with. The client is in the Europe/Belgrade (+02:00) CEST time zone.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in Java development with Spring, Spring Boot, and - Hibernate
- Experience with web servers and REST APIs
- Experience with reporting, handling large datasets, complex SQL (Spring JPA, QueryDSL)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience building scalable server-side components
- Experience with large codebases and microservices
- Ability to write clean, well-designed and high-quality code in a highly collaborative Agile development environment
- Experience with automated testing (JUnit and integration testing)
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
The pay rate for this role is from $30 - $45 USD per hour, depending on experience and capability.