We're looking for a Senior iOS Developer to join the Engineering team at Modus. Want to help our clients build awesome solutions to accomplish their goals and vision? Are you interested in working from home with some of the best talents on the planet? Then keep reading.
- You love building great software. Your work could be supporting new feature development, migrating existing features, or integrating with APIs. You’ll have a focus on mobile development in Swift for iOS apps, knowledge of Objective-C, Ionic and React native is also a plus. Experience with integrating with REST APIs is also desirable.
- Our client’s tech stack is Swift and Ruby-on-Rails. We use modern tools, which means you’ll have the opportunity to work with software like GitHub, Slack, AWS and other cloud platforms, and much more.
- You have worked with teams before on large and demonstrable projects. You’re also familiar with building custom frameworks. You have a strong grasp of Swift and Objective-C design patterns. You’ll have an interest in React-Native and Ionic and how apps can be migrated to using these technologies.
- You understand Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines, have designed and built applications for the iOS platform working in Xcode -IDE, and have experience publishing apps to the Apple App Store as well as other public App stores. You understand Agile software development, DevOps practices, and can work closely with QA teams to optimize your code.
- You have solid experience with UIKit, CoreData, AnimationCore and CoreGraphics, the ability to write performant and correct multi-threaded code and can manage mobile development issues related to performance optimization, caching, security, and native hardware components (camera, gps, etc.).
- You have familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services and you’ll get bonus points for having worked with a Ruby-on-Rails environment. You have experience with package managers such as Cocoapods or Carthage and with performance and memory tuning with tools.
- You have worked with JSON, SOAP, Rest, XML and XHTML and have knowledge of web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- You relish creating high quality code from the comfort of your own home. Your engineering projects will focus on understanding customers’ needs and translating those needs from product specifications into functional, production ready code. You’ll have the opportunity to ship code daily that will be used by customers.
- You love learning. Engineering is an ever-evolving world. You enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet. You are self-driven, self-learner willing to share knowledge and participate actively in your community.
- Having overlap with your team is critical when working in a global remote team. Modus requires all team members to overlap with EST morning hours daily. In addition, reliable high speed internet is a must.
Things You Might Do
Modus is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts
- Travel and meet great people- as part of our remote-first lifestyle, it's important that we come together as needed to work together, meet each other in person and have fun together. Please keep that in mind when you apply.
- Teach and be taught: Modus creates active teams that work in internal and external projects together, giving opportunities to stay relevant with the latest technologies and learning from experts worldwide
- Interact directly with internal and external clients to represent Modus and its values
Why Modus Create:
- Our Benefits may vary according to the Country you are located in, so please reach out to our recruiter in case you have any questions.
If you become a contractor we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% Remote work
- Travel according to client's needs
- The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Do you have what it takes? Apply today!