You appreciate a start-up environment free from bureaucracy, and you help keep it that way. You thrive on open discussion. You easily learn new technologies. You have the ability to successfully solve problems. You excel in a small startup environment.
This must excite you. You must be curious and practical. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged, to create and innovate. Practichem's work style is not for everyone.
What you will do
- Full Stack web application development, including testing
- Participate in the iteration of a complex single page application using Vue.js
- Contribute to static website development
- Create and present designs and engage in technical reviews
- Write clean, testable, maintainable code for enterprise applications
- Prepare and present technical information to departmental, cross-departmental, executive, or external groups
- Provide debug support
- Maintain necessary technical documentation
- Contribute in all phases of software development life cycle
Required education, experience, and skills
- HTML/CSS, and Vue.js (or ReactJS or Angular with a strong interest in learning Vue)
- UI design experience
- Familiarity with agile methodology (but we don’t consider it a religion)
Preferred experience and skills
- Vuetify, Bootstrap CSS, or similar frameworks
- Unit testing, Test automation
- REST APIs and Websockets
- Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- Bash and Linux
- UX experience
What we offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits. We work reasonable hours and rarely get called on nights, weekends, or holidays.
- We support remote work.
- You'll work alongside other accomplished engineers and scientists.
- Choose a Mac or a PC. You can run Windows or a Linux distro.
- Join Practichem and get $500 in cozy cash to set your workspace how you want. Buy a super mouse, a wrist thingy, a special chair, plant, mood ring, or maybe a Maneki-neko?
- Make sure you’re having fun at work -- meet new friends, push yourself in new ways, try new things. If you aren’t having fun at some level, you’ll be unhappy. We don’t want that. We want you to work hard, love what you do, and have fun.