Beema is looking for a Full-stack engineer to join our growing start-up. Innovative, accessible, and enviable; Beema envisions insurance in a new way - We are a tech start-up that offers innovative, digitized products & solutions.
- We are a Ruby on Rails company that enjoys crafting lovely code on a majestic monolith.
- We are a remote company. Your time and your calm for doing your craft are key for our team.
- We don’t embrace microservices as a way of architecting Beema. As of now, we value our delivery pace and happiness too much to enroll in that journey.
- We understand the need for Single Page Applications and frameworks like React, but we are not using them in Beema.
- We aim for high performance via server-side rendering of HTML (Turbolinks, Caching, and Russian Dolls). End to end feature delivery is in the DNA of our team.
- We have many exciting challenges in front of us and we plan to face them with a small team of highly experienced and skilled developers with a similar mindset. Numbers don’t make a massive difference in software development.
- We are excellent to each other. Egos and dramas are not part of our culture.
- We love solving problems for human beings. We work collaboratively with designers and product owners to evolve our product on a weekly basis.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of professional experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Enjoys writing code as part of a diverse and multi-skilled development team
- Believes that writing tests as part of the development process are fundamental to build great products.
- Has an areal passion for solving customer frictions through simple and effective software
- Has experience with Postgres, Sidekiq, and Redis
What we offer you:
- Great team and a friendly and inclusive environment
- The opportunity to work from anywhere with great colleagues
- Really exciting programming challenges
- $45,000 - $60,000 USD per year, depending on experience;