Full Stack Engineers at Operata are focused on making Operata the most reliable, performant and trustworthy performance and experience monitoring platform around. Our engineering teams have built data pipelines that process millions of events per month and applications that support powerful monitoring and analytics at scale.
Our platforms are built on AWS. We use technologies in the AWS stack such as Lambda, EC2, VPC, S3, EKS. Our software is predominantly Go, JS, React, Redux, Material UI. We rely on Kubernetes, Serverless, Docker, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Terraform. We use a combination of managed and self-hosted approaches and build and manage our systems using Gitlab, Auth0, PagerDuty, Datadog etc.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an autonomous, well-supported team where you can hone your skills & develop new ones.
How you will make an impact
- Build out our high-quality SaaS performance monitoring application and API.
- Figure out new ways to solve old and complex problems relating to voice data collection, quality measurement, test and assurance automation.
- Work with 3rd party APIs (Browser, Voice, ML, AI, CPaaS, CCaaS, UCaaS, SaaS) to extract meaningful data for our customers.
- Get your hands dirty with data collection, data analytics and related machine learning tools.
- Contribute to and challenge our platform and its architecture.
- Work on R&D projects in response to customer-driven requests.
- Contribute to the product and engineering roadmap, and company success.
- Surprise yourself: Learn a whole bunch of new tricks
At Operata, we embrace inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer:
- Great equipment - awesome connectivity,
- Flexible working - and a day off for your birthday!
- Strengthen yourself - annual Learning & development budget.
- Family/community/work balance - in that order.
- Flexible return to work options - for when someone new arrives.
- Bootstrapped and profitable - we are in control.
- For us, better connection is something we live - with our people, customers, partners and our team, it’s reflected in our 8 core values:
- Execute the why. Grow with purpose.
- Play the long game. Build respect, value relationships.
- Progress over perfection. Act and iterate.
- Be fearless. Be empowered to innovate without fear.
- We're customers too. We solve the problems we have.
Impress yourself. Do it because you think it is valuable.
- Leave it better than we found it. Use our knowledge to do some good.
- Be thoughtful. Think first, empathize, consider our impact.
Read more about our culture and values at operata.com/story.
- Operata is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Operata prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.
Skills & requirements
- You have demonstrable experience (~3 years) in full-stack development.
- Bachelor Level University qualifications in IT, Computer Science or related Engineering field.
- You will have an intermediate-level understanding of Server Side development (Go or similar, Microservices architecture).
- You will have experience and proficiency with other core technologies in the Operata stack.
- Experience with or understanding of AWS is advantageous.
- You promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
- You demonstrate clear decision making and good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, and architectural settings
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from founders and executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the business.
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there