More than 7,000 churches depend on Breeze, and we’re grateful to work every day developing intuitive features to make their experience better. We’re looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our Engineering team. Are you interested in building helpful, easy-to-use software that helps churches thrive? We’d love to have you reach out to us!
How Our Engineering Team Works
We’re a distributed fully remote Engineering team, working across multiple US-based timezones. We follow an agile approach to our planning and work, including:
- Sprint planning/estimations
- Pair programming via Zoom & Slack
- Code reviews
Weekly Show and Tell
- We strive to build quality into every change that we make and as such our team uses TDD and Travis for continuous integration. Security is also a #1 priority so we run periodic security scans on our application to ensure that our users are protected.
What We Are Looking For
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Breeze, you will be:
- Supporting our church management product, building new product features, working autonomously to write and scale new services as we transition to micro-services
- Helping us with an exciting transition! We are currently transitioning from a CodeIgniter-backend monolith, to a service-oriented architecture with microservices built in PHP and React components on the frontend.
- Working within our engineering team, collaborating with product managers, engineering managers and more using tools like GitHub, Zoom, and Slack.
- As you gain context, you’ll be providing technical guidance to teammates as a peer.
Helpful Skills and Experience
- You have experience as a backend or full-stack developer in any procedural language, working on backend systems with meaningful production traffic.
- You are keen to write and maintain tests where needed and appreciate the importance of working effectively with legacy codebases.
- You have a proactive mindset toward fixing and responding to any issues and integrating feedback.
- 3+ years experience working with PHP, or Node.js or Go would be helpful.
- 2+ years experience building microservices with Kubernetes would be helpful.
Our Tech Stack
The latest stack is:
- Laravel (RESTful API)
- React / React Native
- Bootstrap 4
- GitHub Pull Request
- Travis CI build process
- LEMP (Linux, Nginx, MySQL and PHP) in production (and
- LEMP via Docker in development)
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and participation in company 401K.