- Harvest is a mission-driven company, striving to empower government and its citizens to collectively deliver a better future for people and place.
Our vision is to strengthen democratic processes through technology by helping citizens becomeactively aware and engaged in projects that affect their cities and communities. Our goal is to help the public sector make more informed and smarter decisions based on the collective intelligence of its citizens.
- Our citizen engagement software The HiVE is the world’s most versatile and feature-rich platform of its kind, boasting over 30 content tools, nine participation tools and a host of additional functionality. It helps our customers create interesting and meaningful digital experiences that better connect them to their communities and enable meaningful participation in civic life.
- The HiVE supports customers across Australia as well as internationally, primarily in New Zealand, Canada and the USA.
- Harvest is an award winning digital product company made up of a small but diverse and ambitious team. All of us are passionate about technology and design and are interested in how these tools can be applied to help improve our cities and the communities they support
- We value people who share an enthusiasm for democratic principles, community participation, social issues and technology and have a natural curiosity and interest in self learning so that we can continue to push the envelope of what’s possible.
- Our office and headquarters is located in Collingwood, Victoria, Australia however we are a progressive organisation which embraces modern work practices including a remote-first culture meaning our staff have the flexibility to work from home or another location.
Who You are
- You love problem solving and working autonomously to find solutions to squash bugs or build new features in creative ways. You are aware of technology trends and are constantly looking for new ways to improve any features or functionality to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients.
- You possess solid communication and problem solving skills and be able to demonstrate that you can work well with creative direction, technical direction, tight timeframes and client feedback.
- As a full-stack web developer you will be working within our small but growing team and will be responsible for overseeing and delivering both the back-end and front-end of core features and functionality. We have regular major release cycles and are looking for someone with strong technical skills and an engineering mindset, who wants to build logical, clean code that is extensible, performant, reusable, and maintainable.
- You will often be working autonomously or within a small team so will be expected to have attention to detail and deliver a good user experience as part of the development of any solution.
Expected skills and experience
- Have strong skills in PHP and understanding of OO programming techniques
- Have strong skills in SQL and understanding of RDBMS (MySQL)
- Experiencing working with MVC frameworks’ such as Laravel / Symfony
- Experiencing building and working with RESTful API’s and JSON data objects
- Knowledge of front-end build and workflow tools such as Grunt / Webpack / Babel
- Proficient at using version control systems such as Git
- Experience writing PHP and JS unit tests
- Knowledge of PHP doctrine database migrations
- Knowledge of web accessibility and best practices
- Knowledge of Docker Containers
- We like to hire passionate people who love technology and believe in our company mission. So if you are keen to apply we would appreciate if you could respond to the following question in your cover letter along with your CV:
- In what ways do you think technology can create positive impacts on cities, communities and society?