This is a permanent work-from-home or in-office position within the Chicago area, your choice, even after COVID19 is resolved.
- Like to work-from-home? Great, you can!
- Prefer to work at the office with other teammates? Great, you can!
- Want to mix it up and sometimes work-from-home and sometimes work at the office? Great, you can!
Join us in the fulfilling and challenging work of designing, coding and maintaining applications and features on our innovative custom web platform at our growing ecommerce company. We are looking for a highly self-motivated React Front-End Developer to produce and implement front-end web applications and features to solve business problems and create simplicity for our customers. You will work with our Senior Web Developers and the business to define software requirements, and collaborate on developing code to create exceptional work that "wows!" our customers and team members.
- Demonstrate passion and experience in building responsive, elegant and engaging experiences with future-friendly web technologies
- Work closely with designers to take wireframes from concept to implementation, as well as design and improve user interfaces
- Make necessary adjustments to usability behaviors to improve the user experience
- Possess good troubleshooting, multitasking and communication skills
- Learn new development tools, techniques, and standards
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams to fix and improve software
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Group Healthcare, Health Savings Account
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid vacation and paid holidays
- Commuter benefits
- Challenging and fulfilling work in a positive, optimistic results-oriented work environment
- Competitive wages and a monthly gain-sharing bonus based on revenue growth
- Paid educational and professional development training
- Work-from-home (remote) or in-office position, your choice, even after COVID19 is resolved
- Attractive and comfortable loft office with large windows and lots of natural light
- Office: Coffee and snacks for energy, open beer tap in afternoons, nap rooms to revitalize
- We are future-minded innovators working to provide intelligent heating and cooling solutions to everyday homeowners in a way that's so easy for them it's almost fun. Started in 2002, we are the first ecommerce company to sell HVAC equipment to homeowners online and by phone. We sell and ship HVAC equipment directly to homeowners in the US, and have served hundreds of thousands of happy customers. We are growing quickly, and are hiring new team members to keep up with the exciting growth.
- Our objective is to create great experiences for our customers, vendors and employees. At Alpine, everyone wins. Our employees love our positive and supportive culture, beautiful sunny office, great benefits and friendly team. We help our employees develop their careers and do the work that best suits their talents and interests.
We are innovative! Check out a list of industry-firsts pioneered here at Alpine:
- 2002 - first ever ecommerce HVAC store
- 2003 - first HVAC online shopping configurator
- 2004 - first national HVAC referral network of installing contractors
- 2005 - first of its kind automated performance based pay system for phone sales
- 2011 - first and only online HVAC operating cost calculator
- 2013 - first and only HVAC photo-to-quote app
- 2014 - filed patent for better way to assist customers with sales & service needs
- 2015 - first eCommerce bundling of local services + products: EasyHVAC.com
- Learn more about working with us and view all open positions at: www.alpinehomeair.com/careers/-
Skills & requirements
- Minimum 2 years experience of working with React
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experience level in lieu of a degree
- Experience developing responsive, front-end user experiences including use of REACT as a framework
- Ability to identify and maintain pixel-perfect site-wide design standards
- Experience with browser testing and debugging
- Working within the U.S. without sponsorship
- Nice to have but not necessary: knowledge of programming languages Lucee / ColdFusion / Railo