Founded in 2018 by seasoned legal, finance and procurement professionals, Alacrity is on a mission is to create technologies that enhance the relationship between corporates and law firms to improve service delivery, reduce costs and manage relationships more efficiently. The legal industry is changing rapidly and we’re excited to help.
If you get excited about disrupting an industry which hasn't seen innovation since the advent of email, we want to talk to you. Fun fact, 65% of our users are still on Internet Explorer but lucky for you, this is a backend role.
This is a remote-first opportunity for people residing within European timezones.
- Alacrity is looking for a mid-level or senior, self-motivated engineer to join our team of 3 engineers. Although you will be surrounded by great engineers, you must be able to work independently and take initiative. We're looking for strong architectural and service-design skills as well as full appreciation of code quality standards.
- You love getting things done and deployed to the users.
- You are hungry to learn new skills and constantly strive to improve.
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code and documentation.
- You care deeply about your work, your team and the users.
- You want to work at a startup with a reasonable and sane working environment.
Things you will get to do
- Further develop our Node.js API.
- Create and collaborate on technical specifications for new product features.
- Review product security (security is taken very seriously here).
- Improve our AWS infrastructure.
- Constantly learn from other engineers (we take pride in thorough code reviews).
Your Ideal Skill Set
- GraphQL experience (we use Apollo).
- SQL (we use Postgres).
- Experience with devops (AWS, Docker and Terraform).
The Recruitment Process
- Send us your application.
- Have a 20-minute initial call. This interview is non-technical in nature.
- Solve a small offline exercise at your convenience.
- Have a technical interview with Alacrity’s engineers discussing your exercise and other technical aspects related to your job.
- Have an interview with our CTO and chat about your ambitions and motivations.
- Have a final chat with our CEO.
- Work Environment
- Open and transparent workplace.
- Very light on meetings other than daily standup and weekly planning.
- Work from where you are the most productive, the whole team is remote.
- Regular company meetups.
- Your own high-spec Macbook.
- Annual budget for conferences, subscriptions, etc.
- Genuine product involvement.
- Contributory pension (for UK based employees).
- Option to work from the WeWork Moorgate office (for London based employees)
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.