X-Mode Social, Inc. is looking for a full-time lead back-end engineer (Scala developer) who is passionate about software design, big data, and event-based systems. This person will play a critical role in expanding and improving our internal software ecosystem (applications, libraries) as well as our automation and microservices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Leverage Scala and AWS to develop and maintain micro-services
- Contribute to Scala libraries and build tools
- Automating processes
- Troubleshoot issues with applications, processes, and services
Responsible for design, implementation and testing
- Optimize processes to increase performance and reduce complexity
WHO YOU ARE:
- Overall 5+Years of experience in software development/ engineering
- 2+ Years Experience with Scala
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns, and functional programming skills.
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering software and platforms used by other developers.
- Backend experience with JVM/other JVM languages such as Java, Kotlin, etc
- Experience with build tools (Gradle, Maven, sbt, etc)
- Has a software engineering mindset - strives to write elegant, readable, maintainable code and has a focus or passion for data-driven solutions.
- Has hands-on experience with schema design and data modeling
- Strong understanding of micro/web services and event-driven architecture
- Experience with SQL, specifically PostgreSQL and MySQL
- BONUS: 1 years working with cloud services, ideally in AWS (Lambda, Cloudwatch, API Gateway, etc)
- BONUS: Experience with Spark and any past experience with geolocation data
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Cool people, solving cool problems.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Generous PTO Policy & paid holidays
- We value your input. This is a chance to get in on the "ground floor" of a growing company
At X-Mode, we’re excited about building a diverse team and creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, and we encourage all applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status to apply.