Medal is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming. Our users capture and share millions of videos every week. We have an aggressive roadmap and things move quickly, so you should be incredibly self-driven and have a just-get-stuff-done attitude. You'll iterate quickly and see which features stick.
You'll touch many parts of the stack and work directly with product and frontend teams to ship things. You'll be working with a great distributed engineering team with a history of working with large-scale applications. Your work will be used by millions of gamers around the world.
You will be working on helping us scale the platform to 100 million users by building features that our creators love.
- Two or more years of experience with Java
- One or more years of experience as a backend engineer on a production application
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs and experience working on them in a production environment
- Proficient with MySQL
- Understanding of CI/CD, TDD and version control (git)
- Understanding of containers, horizontal scaling of services
- Experience with ORM based solutions
- Experience with Python, GO
- Experience with Kubernetes, CircleCI, Redis, Jersey, or RabbitMQ
- Experience with Google Cloud and/or AWS
- Experience in gaming or being a gamer
- Experience with Discord bots
- Experience working with remote teams in an agile way
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Full Medical for employee and two dependents
- Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents
- Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary and 12 weeks for secondary
- Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
- Team retreats
- A flexible, laid back office environment
- All the fun and frolics that come with working at a gaming company
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE TO DO NOW
We hope to hear from you! When you apply, please make sure to include:
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical recruitment process is:
- 1-2 phone screening interviews
- Day of (virtual) on-site interviews
If you made it all the way here, include gg in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!