Sporty is a mobile internet company with a focus on emerging markets. Our integrated sports media, betting, gaming and social platform serves a huge userbase across numerous countries. We have a talented and proven team of 200+ people comprised of 50+ tech staff and 150+ product, operations and support, and are looking to expand our tech team count to 100+ people as we look to drive further geographical expansion, whilst iterating on our offering with a user-driven development approach.
- Open source library: Android support library, OkHttp, Retrofit, Picasso, Small
- Third party SDK: Firebase, Fabric, Facebook Android SDK, ZenDesk Android SDK
The Joel Test
- Do you use source control? Yes
- Can you make a build in one step? Yes
- Do you make daily builds? Yes
- Do you have a bug database? Yes
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Yes
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Yes
- Do you have a spec? Yes
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Yes
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? Yes
- Do you have testers? Yes
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? Yes
- Do you do hallway usability testing? Yes
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Flash bonuses
- Top-of-the-line equipment
- Pick your own working hours
- 20-days paid leave
- Referral program
- Education allowance (conferences, books, training courses, Udemy, Coursera, etc.)
- Annual company trips (eg next year Koh Samui, Thailand)
- Small enough to allow you to have a big impact
- Large enough to provide structure and clarity
- Highly-talented, dependable co-workers
- Global, multi-cultural organization
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Have strong experience with Android SDK, Android UI design principles, MVP application design and Android testing
Great communication skill
- Experience with Android application development
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Firebase SDK, Facebook SDK and libraries available for common tasks
- Experience in launching applications to Google Play is a plus.
- Be able to work independently